Patient friendly shared care pathways.
Create manageable objectives that you will set together.
To support the successful management of the shared care partnership, you should introduce a patient implementation plan, providing clear objectives.
A PATIENT FRIENDLY IMPLEMENTATION PLAN, MAY CONSIST OF:
- A care plan based on the planning phase in HO of HOME with clear objectives of both the health care professional and the patient.
- Give the patient a journal to record their shared care activities.
- Provide a patient friendly pathway that they can simply follow.
- Provide an information sheet with potential red flags and when to seek help from you.
Evaluate the effectiveness of every partnership by…
- Identifying when to revisit, reassess a wound and their needs moving forward.
- Photographs of the wound, this can be completed by the patient or carer enabling progress or deterioration to be observed.
- Digital evaluation e.g. via Skype or TEAMs if unable to visit face to face.
- Red flags identified and solution given.